Through this first step, you will define and choose as a team an idea that will be realized as a cooperative project.
- start working as a team, define and accept democratic rules
- see how cooperative values and principles can be translated into a business project
- think about cooperative project ideas that are adapted to your environment and decide together on a feasible common project idea.
1 Cooperatives values
Discover cooperatives values
- What does each of the cooperative values or principles mean in practice ?
- Can we give a definition and try imagining concrete example of their business implementation ?
- What can be the advantages of putting these values or principles into practice by establishing a cooperative business ? What can be the disadvantages ? Six good reasons to undertake a "coopworking enterprise" ?
Six good reasons to undertake in a worker cooperative
On peut avoir envie de créer une entreprise pour de multiples raisons : faire de sa passion un travail, se rendre utile à la société, se créer un travail qui fait sens et qui réponde aux enjeux sociaux et environnementaux d’aujourd’hui … Pour trouver votre idée, vous pouvez vous inspirer des exemples de celles et ceux qui ont déjà fait le choix d’entreprendre et s’organiser avec d’autres en coopérative.
2 Cooperatives principles
Discover cooperatives principles
Cooperatives around the world follow the same principles adopted by the International Co-operative Alliance in 1995. Co-operative principles are guidelines through which cooperatives put their values into practice. You may want to start a business for many reasons: to realize your passion, to be useful to your community, to create meaningful work that responds to today's social and environmental issues ... To find your idea, you can learn from examples of those who have already made the choice to undertake a cooperative project.